Monday, February 14, 2011

BD SHOWBIZ


Nawsheen in direction of ' Bhalobashar Epith Opith 



"It is very much exiting and thrilling to give direction rather than acting. I have felt well to give the direction. Next time I will give more priority to give direction rather than acting," said popular TV actress, model and host Nawsheen Nahreen Mou while giving a direction for a magazine which will go on air on Channel i on the occasion of Valentine's Day.
Title of the magazine is 'Bhalobashar Epith Opith.' By this programme Nawsheen has debut her career as a programme director. The programme will be presented by noted litterateur Emdadul Haque Milon. Lux-Channel i superstars Rakhi, Mashiyat and Toya. But how they will be presented in the show is the main focal point of the magazine, said Nawsheen.

In the programme, film actor Ferdous will host a segment titled 'Bhalobashar Potrobilash.'


Sarika : An epitome of grace, confidence and zest



She is refreshingly charming with a face that could tell many lovely stories. She has the fragrance of a lily and incense sticks, well blended. Within a very short span of time, she has found her place in the hearts of the millions of fans. Starting her career as a model, of late she has been doing acting as well. Yes you guessed it right; I am talking about Sarika – the most sought after model cum actress in recent times. We caught up with her.
Q: You wanted to be a pilot but destiny has landed you in the showbiz industry. How has the journey been so far?
Sarika: I still have that ambition to become a pilot and inshallah I will be a pilot sooner rather later. But working in the showbiz has never been my dream or plan. It just happened coincidentally. Initially I wanted to concentrate only in modeling but of late, from March 2010 to be precise, I have gradually shifted my focus to acting at the same time. I’m lucky that I have got enormous love and support from the industry people and my fans which is always keeping me motivated to deliver my best.
Q: Will you completely shift your focus from modeling to acting?
Sarika: Modeling and acting – both are equally important to me and I can’t differentiate between the two. Though I started my career as a model, but the intention was always to act simultaneously as well. I want to be a top-rated model of the country who will be remembered even after 20 years or more. When it comes to acting, I would love to do some selective works in order to maintain the quality.
Q: Please give us a brief about your dramas.
Sarika: I have worked in two drama serials both of which are written by Humayun Ahmed and directed by Arun Chowdhury and Animesh Aich respectively. I prefer to act more on single episode plays. Recently I’ve completed the shooting of a drama ‘Ah Balika’, directed by Chayanika Chowdhury.
Q: You are being termed as the prettiest girl of Bangladesh. How do you maintain your beauty?
Sarika: Due to my grueling work schedule, I don’t know whether I ever get the chance to take proper care of me. Perhaps my fans are so kind to me and that’s the reason why they find me so pretty.
Q: How would you evaluate your popularity?
Sarika: There was a time when I used to receive loads of phone calls and texts only from my male fans. That can be called as craze. But when I started receiving calls from my female fans, that’s the moment I realized what popularity is all about. I am grateful to all my directors, co-artists and last but not the least, my fans for their support and love for me. Without my hard work and the support from all concerned, I would not have been where I am today.
Q: In an interview with a national English daily, you said that you want to be a super model. What you actually meant by that?
Sarika: Actually I was misquoted there. Regarding my ambition as a model, I always say that I am eager to do some memorable works which will set me apart from my contemporaries and people will remember my name for a very long time.
Q: Any message for your fans?
Sarika: I think I have still a very long way to go. So I hope the love and support of my fans will continue to pour in for me in the years ahead. I would like to promise to them that I will create my distinct niche in both modeling and acting in the coming days and keep on entertaining them.



Shaina to work in documentary film ' VIP



For the first time, 'Meherjaan' famed actress Shaina Amin is going to work in any documentary movie. Shooting of the documentary titled 'VIP,' 


Neerob Khan: From Radio to Cinema


 Photos By: Nazmun Aquib

You might know him as RJ (Radio Jockey) Neerob but this man of multifaceted talent has tried his hand in journalism, singing, acting and anchoring shows and came out in flying colours. Now Neerob Khan is all set to act in a mainstream Bangla movie and that too in the role of the protagonist. At a time when our movie industry is being dominated by a lone superstar, what made Neerob to take up the challenge of 35 mm? Dhaka Live finds out that and much more in a candid conversation. 

The reason why Neerob wants to be a mainstream hero:

Just a few months ago when he had an unceremonious exit from Radio Today FM89.6, Neerob did not have any plan to act on commercial Bangla movies. So why this sudden change of mind? Neerob answered, “Actually I wanted to be a hero someday but this dream perhaps would have never come true without my director Anonno Mamun. He instilled confidence in me which made me optimistic to act on a full length commercial Bangla movie. Now I would like to explore every single dimension in media. I’ve got success as a journalist, RJ, small screen actor, anchor, IJ (Internet Jockey). But film media is the highest platform to showcase someone’s talent. Since I have got success in whatever I did so far in my career, so I am optimistic that my movie will also be a commercially success.”

The reason behind Neerob’s confidence:

Neerob Khan is oozing with confidence. What’s the secret of that? Replied a modest Neerob, “The popularity of my radio or tv shows are the proof enough of the fact that I’ve a certain fan following. Recently mobile phone operator Airtel conducted a survey where I’ve found my place among the top 5 most eligible bachelor of the country. So all of these justify that I’m being blessed by the love and support of my fans. I’ve a commitment to them for their never ending love and support. I’m already learning dance steps from some renowned dance directors. I feel I will be good in fighting scenes as well. The bottom-line is I can’t just do a run-of-the-mill- movie. That’s why I am giving more than 100 percent for this movie. So when my movie would be released, I am confident that my fans will throng to the theaters to make it a success.” 

Ambitions as a hero:

As a hero of a mainstream Bangla movie, Neerob is very ambitious. His upcoming projects are revolving around changing the faces of Bangla movies forever. He shared this exclusively with Dhaka Live. “I think our industry is solely depending on Shakib Khan. He is the real superstar at the moment who is single handedly dominating the scene. I feel I should step in and fill the void at least to some extent if possible. I am already in the process of signing two more movies. Within one year’s time, I would like to act in at least five movies. After evaluating the responses of my movies, I will decide about my next course of actions.” 

Goodbye to Radio and Tv?

As he is increasingly becoming busy with his movies and other commitments, will the listeners get deprived from his RJing? Or will he ever get back to acting or hosting shows for the small screen? Neerob sounds positive, “Radio is my passion. I can’t live without it. I’m now working with an online radio station Radio Circle. From time to time, I am coming in front of the microphone to share my thoughts with the listeners. Besides as a freelance media person, I will continue to work for the television. Recently I have completed the shooting of a single episode play by noted director Mohon Khan. So I will try to enrich our cultural scene in whatever way I possibly can.”

Ahona : Shakib Khan’s new heroine



Cute model cum actress Ahona has become new star of well loved film actor Shakib Khan. Muharrat of Ahona-Shakib’s first show ‘Dui Prithibi,’ which is being directed by FI Manik, was held at BFDC at Tejgaon in the city recently.Director FI Manik told this correspondent that in his new show ‘Dui Prithibi,’ Apu Biswas and Ahona are performing in two vital roles. Tale of the show will revolve with them. Shooting will continue till February 5. Hasan Imam, Abul Hayat, Alamgir, Diti, Dolly Zahur, Rasheda Chowdhury, Sadeque Bachchu, Mizu Ahmed, Misha Shawdagar, among others, are acting this show, presented by Sandwhani Kothachitra.

Her debut show was ‘Chakorer Prem’ directed by Rakibul Alam Rakib, was released in 2008. Amin Khan was her co-actor in that show.
Slogan of the show ‘Dui Prithibi’ will be ‘My Country My Like,’ said FIManik. The show was scripted by Mohammad Rafiq-uz-Zaman and music will be directed by Emon Saha, said Manik.














Posted on and filed under 


No comments:

Post a Comment